Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
accessing java class that uses jdbc
jamojo
Hi everyone,
I created a report using a java class using an oracle connection. But when I previewed the report in Eclipse 3.4 All-In-One, it always giving me an error no class fount oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriver and the class files must be in C:Eclipsepluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.3.0.v20080606birtWEB-INFclasses.
What I did was extract the classes12.jar and placed the java class in: inC:Eclipsepluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.3.0.v20080606birtWEB-INFclasses and it worked fine.
But I would like to know if where I could place the classes12.jar in Eclipse so that I would not exact the jar file? And, do I really need to place the classes I made in C:Eclipsepluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_2.3.0.v20080606birtWEB-INFclasses?
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi jamojo,
If you create a directory in C:Eclipsepluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.viewe r_2.3.0.v20080606birtWEB-INF called 'lib', you should be able to put the jar file in there and it'll work.
On the java class, have you tried putting the file in your resource folder?
jamojo
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the reply.
I tried what you have advised but it still gave me the error. I placed the classes.jar in birt/web-inf/lib and in the command prompt I started eclipse -clean.
I placed the java classes in C:Eclipsepluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_ 2.3.0.v20080606birtWEB-INFclasses. Is this what you meant for Resource Folder?
Regards
BigBrian
You have to tell the report where to find the .jar file(s) containing your Java classes. To do this, on the properties tab for the report is a Resources property. Select it and choose your jar file. Note, your jar file must be in the Resource Folder which is specified under preferences (Window -> Preferences).