Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
JDBC mySQL Access denied for user test@localhost (using password: YES)
acervantes
Hi,
I'm using Birt Report Design (Eclipse SDK 3.3.2)
When I design a report, in report design everything works fine. But when I try to deploy the report through Birt Viewer (on Tomcat 5.5) I get the following error:
************************************************
Aug 26, 2008 9:53:06 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataGenerationEngine doExecuteQuery
SEVERE: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc
Failed to get connection.
SQL error #1: Access denied for user test@localhost (using password: YES)
Aug 26, 2008 9:53:06 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataPresentationEngine doExecuteQuery
SEVERE: Can't load the report query
************************************************
The user test has a password set in the database.
In the XML file of the report has this parameters:
************************************************
<data-sources>
<oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc" name="Data Source" id="6">
<property name="odaDriverClass">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</property>
<property name="odaURL">jdbc:mysql:///test2</property>
<property name="odaUser">test</property>
<encrypted-property name="odaPassword" encryptionID="jce">5d75dc35ea546332</encrypted-property>
</oda-data-source>
</data-sources>
************************************************
Any help will be appreciate !!!
Best Regards!
ALCE
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
acervantes
This error happens if the user "test" has set a password.
Without password set in the database for the user "test" everything works fine in Birt-Viewer and Report Desing.
Any idea?
Thanks,
ALCE
mwilliams
Hi ALCE,
I've heard of a few people having this issue before, but have not been able to reproduce it. Is it possible for you to upgrade to BIRT 2.3?
acervantes
Thanks a lot Michael!<br />
<br />
I have upgrade to Birt 2.3 and it has solved the problem.<br />
<br />
Now in the browser when I try to run again the report appears a windows with this:<br />
<br />
There are no parameters for this report.<br />
<br />
In fact, my report does not have parameters, even the browser does not close that windows when I click on OK button, I need to click on CANCEL button to close that window.<br />
<br />
And the browser shows a warning icon in the left lower corner with this message:<br />
**********************************************<br />
Line: 1686<br />
Char: 4<br />
Error: 'Constants.request.format' is null or not an object<br />
Code: 0<br />
URL: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8080/birt-viewer/frameset?'>http://localhost:8080/birt-viewer/frameset?</a><br
/>
_report=Report/test2.rptdesign<br />
**********************************************<br />
<br />
Any idea with this?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advanced!
acervantes
Thanks to tombaby for your solution... I post the answer in this thread to everybody who has this issue.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi ALCE,
I am also getting same problem today. Then I delete the cache of the birt-viewer context in tomcat/work directory, and restart the tomcat,the error is disappear. Everything is OK! If you upgrade the birt-viewer from early version,you must delete the cache of the birt-viewer in tomcat/work directory.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks again!
ALCE