Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
grid
LetsBIRT
I am trying to display page n of m in the master page. This item is in-built control and is a grid. I am trying to size this as the spaces in between are way too much, but i am having a hard time in doing this simple task.
The width does not go down after certain point, and that too with the increase in height .
what is the simplest way of doing this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi LB,
How small are you trying to make the page n of m? You can always add an extra column to the grid to help take up the extra space on the page.
LetsBIRT
it shows as n <some space> of <some space> m
i would like it to be n<single splace> of<single splace> m i.e n of m
how can i get this? when i try to squeeze the width, its height increases and in turn my footer size is increased
thanks
mwilliams
LB,
I haven't noticed much change in the height of the grid, though you could set that in the property editor. I went in and set the width of the grid to be 7.5% and the three columns to be 3%, 1.5%, and 3% respectively. I then set the element in the left column to right justified and the element in the right column to left justified. This seemed to work great. If you make your own with "of" instead of the '/', you might have to up the total width to something like 8.5% and the middle column's width to 2.5%.
LetsBIRT
If i do that, then the height of the grid increases(attachment) and so does the footer height which i do not want, I cannot decrease the footer height by changing its height in the property editor, does not work.And also if you notice the page number and the total page are different widths even thought i set those to 3%. Is there any other way to do this?
mwilliams
The increase you see there is just so you can see the text in the designer. When you run the report, I don't think the footer height you see there translates to the report, especially if you set the grid height to a certain value. I could be wrong though... Have you noticed it being too big still when the report is ran?
LetsBIRT
yes, i used a background color to see how big it is, and its as big as it shows in the design, even if you set the height specs less in the property editor.
mwilliams
I'm running it in BIRT 2.2.2 with a background color on the grid and it shows just enough color to cover the Date and Page n of m. One thing you may want to check is that the height of the entire grid and the height of the row of the grid are the same or 1 is blank. One may have autoset itself when the height of the grid changed in the designer. That's the only thing I can think of that it could be.
Hope this helps.
LetsBIRT
got it!
thanks for not letting me waste too much time on this...
LB