Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
pie chart generation in websphere 6.1
malligaadu
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.2, and using application server is websphere 6.1.
I had developed a small servlet which is having pie chart generation code. I am using sql server 2005 and DB2 databases in rptdesign file.
If I run the application with above mentioned data in JBoss it is running properly, but same war file is not running in websphere it is throwing exception
"org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: report engine fails to initialise html emitter, please make sure required libraries for this emitter and installed"
this exception is rising at "org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.createContentEmitter(EngineTask.java:1034)"
and one more thing with that servlet I can able to generate normal reports.
My application folder structure is
WEB-INF/platform/plugins,configurations.
please by sending proper answer help me a lot.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cypherdj
Can you send the servlet code?
I think the problem probably lies in the way you initialise the report engine.
Regards,
Cedric
malligaadu
thanks for ur reply
I am sending my servlet code Please have a look at that.
class WebReport extends HttpServlet
{
IReportEngine birtReportEngine;
doGet(req,resp) throws
{
resp.setContentType("text/html");
ServletContext sc = req.getSession().getServletContext();
birtReportEngine = BirtEngine.getBirtEngine(sc);
IReportRunnable design;
try
{
design = birtReportEngine.openReportDesign("rptdesign file location");
IRunAndRenderTask task = birtReportEngine.createRunAndRenderTask(desing);
HTMLRenderOptions options = new HTMLRenderOptions();
options.setOutputFormat(HTMLRederOptions.OUTPUT_FORMAT_HTML);
options.setOutputStream(req.getOutputStream());
task.setRenderOptions(options);
task.run();
task.close();
}
catch(Exception e)
{e.printStackTrace();}
}
}
public class BirtEngine
{
static IReportEngine engine;
static EngineConfig config;
static IPlatformContext context;
public static synchronized IReportEngine getBirtEngine(ServletContext sc)
{
if(engine == null)
{
config = new EngineConfig();
config.setEnginHome("");
context = new PlatformServletContext(sc);
config.setplatformContext(context);
try
{
platform.startUp(config);
IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory ) platform.createfactoryObject(IReportEngineFactory .EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY);
engine= factory.createReportEngine(config);
return engine;
}
catch(Exception e){}
}
else
{
return engine;
}
}
}