Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
55.2 SP2 Solaris server crash/Q
nipper
Yes this is filed with support, but when you have users stuck nothing is fast enough.
Solaris 2.8, TS 552, SP2 3 times in 1 week, iw.server has gone away.
Only clue is in iw.trace it says:
segmenation fault
So, hopefully James is on line, what writes to iwtrace.log ? Only iw.server ?Or others ? I have done a PS and saved it,
iw.server is not running
Also, architecture Q, on NT you see the Y: mounted as IFS, however on Solaris, the mnttab lists the /iwmnt as an NFS mount to /iwserver
On HP there was a modload of the device driver, I do not see any such thing in Solaris.
The reason I am asking is the sys admins (who know nothing of TS) see the NFS mount to the same system & complain that it should be a symlink. Of course you cannot symlink to a process (/iwserver) but it sure would be easier if there was a device driver involved & then I can say DON'T TOUCH.
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
> On HP there was a modload of the device driver, I do not see any such thing in Solaris. <
There is a solaris kernel module. It is called 'wfs'. Check out '/etc/name_to_sysnum' and look for 'wfs'
--
Jed Michnowicz
Interwoven Technical Consultant