Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table of Contents -- change dynamically
LetsBIRT
I want to create the table of contents in such a way that only certain values are included in it.
say, there is a column that has some data which is blank, when i group this and try to add the TOC, i do not want to show this blank group in the TOC( I am hiding this content on the report, so dont want this to be displayed in the TOC).
how can i do this?
Thanks...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
LB,
I haven't tried this, but since the bookmark is an expression, you could possibly check the values in the other columns while setting the bookmark and if there is no data in the certain columns, set the bookmark name to something else. This way, your TOC hyperlink won't pick up those certain bookmarks.
Hope this helps.
LetsBIRT
Michael,
i dont think i understand very well, what you just said.
I am trying to set the TOC expression at the group level, and i just give the row["MyColumn"] as the item expression. Is there a way to set this to something else if the column has some unwanted data?
mwilliams
LB,
I just tested what I said before. Doing it exactly as I said only disables the hyperlink of the ones with no data. Not sure exactly if it'll be possible to hide those values in the TOC. I'll look into it and post anything I find.
LetsBIRT
OK.
Thanks, LB
mwilliams
LB,
One question for you. If that record doesn't have the data that you're wanting, do you still want it showing up in the report at all?
LetsBIRT
I am not showing the unwanted data on the report, but i am still showing the other related data that is retrieved in the same row, i cannot eliminate this row if there are one or more columns without any data, and also there may be some other rows with data in those very columns.I am grouping on these columns.
since i am not showing the unwanted values on the report, i do not want those to be there in the TOC as well, it will not make any sense to the user.
did i confuse you?
mwilliams
LB,
Don't know if this will solve your problem the way your report is set up, but in the TOC_report.rptdesign report, I was able to use the expression for visibility for the TOC data item to not show the CUSTOMERNAME if the data for that line didn't meet my criteria.
LetsBIRT
Can you please send me this report.
Thanks
mwilliams
LB,<br />
<br />
There may be some confusion going on here. I'm talking about a custom TOC as can be seen in this thread:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/forum/designing-birt-reports/11777-toc-report.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/forum/designing-birt-reports/11777-toc-report.html</a><br
/>
<br />
You may be talking about the TOC in the viewer and/or PDF output. Let me know if I had this confused.
LetsBIRT
yes we are speaking about two different things.
I am talking about the TOC in the viewer. I do not have a custom TOC in my report.
Thanks.
LetsBIRT
I was able to get around this issue :
in the TOC of the control just added a small code,
if (row["MyVar"] == ""){
;}else{
row["MyVar"];
}
this way the blank data is not displayed in the TOC of the viewer.
Thanks, LB