Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using aggregates in embedded chart
martinvr
I have a table with very simple data that is grouped and I am trying to create a chart based on the table which graphs the group subtotals. No matter what I do I get a blank graph.
Data
HOUR,OUTCOME,JOBID
4,error,1
4,error,2
4,success,3
23,error,4
23,success,5
I group on hour, hide the detail row and only show aggregates that I create in the group footer. One aggregate "Total" counts all outcomes, the other 'Errors" filters on just errors. This ends up showing a table like this
HOUR,ERRORS,TOTAL
4,2,3 (for the 4 oclock hour there were 2 errors, 3 total)
23,1,2
In the end I want a graph that shows the percentage of errors for each hour. I drop the chart in the table footer and point it to the container as the data source. For the x axis I choose "row["hour"]" and for the Y axis I choose "row["Errors"] / row["Total"] * 100". The graph is always empty.
Am I using the wrong syntax?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Martin, It sounds like that may be a bug with the grouped table data showing blank on the chart. If you have not already, you can file a bug at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>BIRT
: Reporting Bugs and Requesting Enhancements</a>.<br />
<br />
For a workaround, I named the table in the properties tab and then it also shows up as a data source for a chart. By selecting the chart by name, instead of selecting "Inherit data from container", your example (enclosed) is working now and it plots the aggregations correctly.