Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Merge two dataset of two datasources ?
Rojo
Hi, is there a way to merge two datasets from two dataset in a third dataset. ?
Ex:
I have a datasource of Informix, then, I have a dataset from this dataset.
And I hava the second datosource of mysq, and a dataset.
I need to merge both dataseta in other dataset, and then this third dataset will be used in a table..
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
scaracas
I suggest using a Join Dataset in BIRT Designer. This Joined Dataset will act like a 3rd Dataset. You obviously need a key to join the 2 Datasets.
Note : as the join is in your webapp memory, this might have some impact on performance.
Solution : Actuate Information Objects EII technology can efficiently parralelize and optimize these queries.
mos
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="scaracas"><p>I suggest using a Join Dataset in BIRT Designer. This Joined Dataset will act like a 3rd Dataset. You obviously need a key to join the 2 Datasets.<br />
<br />
Note : as the join is in your webapp memory, this might have some impact on performance.<br />
<br />
Solution : Actuate Information Objects EII technology can efficiently parralelize and optimize these queries.</p></blockquote>
<br />
What if I have 2 key or more to join the dataset? Can it still be done?
mwilliams
mos,
You wouldn't be able to join your two datasets using just 1 of your keys?
Rojo
Thanks scaracas, yes, I'm using a Join Dataset, and only a field to get union.
Thanks.