Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Basic Authentication
JJ1
Hi,
I am new to BIRT and have created a few basic reports perfectly with BIRT. Now I am trying to create a report which calls a webservice but i need to be able to do basic authentication. I am trying to find more information on how i can do this within BIRT. Does anyone know how to do this or where i could find further information on how to do this?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
btyla
Hi, did you eventually find a solution you like to share? I'm having the same problem. I need to access a HTTP basic authenticated web service from a report.
btyla
It seems this is a known limitation and we just have to deal with it. The way I handled it was to redirect the web service requests to a proxy servlet (running along the birt webviewer) that enforces the HTTP BASIC authentication by always inserting the security header.
merkum
Could you please provide an example of the proxy servlet? Thanks!
Yohanan
Hello,<br />
<br />
Is there an example for this solution ?<br />
<br />
Did someone try to follow the ODA extension point idea too ?<br />
<br />
It seems possible to extends the ODA driver via this extension point : org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.driverBridge<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=135246#c4'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=135246#c4</a><br
/>
<br />
But it is very disturbing for a new ODA developer. Did someone as an example or succeed to do it ?<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot.
Fredo
Hi everybody
Does somebody know the solution to this problem?
Will this feature be implemented in the near future?
Or do I have to work on a workaround?
Thank you
Regards
Frederic
Fredo
Hi.<br />
I have found a solution: write my own connection class:<br />
See example here: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2007/10/birt-web-service-oda.html'>BIRT
World: BIRT Web Service ODA</a><br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Frederic
LucVL
Hi
This seems a topic which is posted a couple of time but without any solutions as far my search result showed up.
Could you please share your implementation with source code please?
tx
Luc