Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing reports to the birt viewer
kurent
I have installed the birt viewer to the server.<br />
<br />
If I want to try it out I go to this url:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:9081/BIRT_viewer/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter'>http://localhost:9081/BIRT_viewer/frameset?__report=test.rptdesign&sample=my+parameter</a><br
/>
and it works.<br />
<br />
But the test.rptdesign is in the BIRT_viewer project. How can I pass reports from other projects?<br />
For example if I want to give the birt viewer a report that is in:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:9081/ebusiness/reports/work.rptdesign'>http://localhost:9081/ebusiness/reports/work.rptdesign</a>
;
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi kurent,
The report designs need the deployed birt-viewer to be viewed. As long as the viewer is deployed to the server, you should be able to access the report designs. Have you tried entering the entire path to the report design?
mwilliams
kurent,
Sorry, I might not have explained what I meant in my previous post enough. What I meant by using the entire path in my last post is entering the URL something like:
http://localhost:9081/BIRT_viewer/frameset?__report=ENTIRE_PATH_TO_REPORT_DESIGN.rptdesign
Hope this helps.
kurent
Can the path be an url of another application (.../frameset?__report=
http://IP;port/applicationName/reports/reportName.rptdesign)
? I tried it but no luck.
mattias
Hi kurent,
Have you found a solution to this? I have the exact same problem.
Thanks,
Mattias
Migrateduser
Any more info on this? I have the birt-viewer installed as a webapp in tomcat but I want to use the <birt-viewer> tag to pass in a URL of a rptdesign file that is managed in another webapplication that is running in Tomcat. Is this possible? or does the birtViewer jsp tag must have physical/local file?