Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Date and DateTime format
cypherdj
Hi,
I was just wondering if there was a standard way of customising all date/datetime elements in a report (including title and footer), by setting the format for date/datetime.
If it's not directly possible, is there a way to do the same through the engine API, byt iterating through all report elements?
Many thanks,
Cedric
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Cedric,<br />
<br />
I don't think there is a way to set a default format for date and/or dateTime elements. I also don't know that there's a good way to step through a report and change it either. The only thing I can think of is that it's probably possible to go into the source code and change it to have a standard format, but I wouldn't even know where to tell you to get started on that.<br />
<br />
What is the reason for needing this functionality? You could always request an enhancement for this at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>BIRT
: Reporting Bugs and Requesting Enhancements</a>
cypherdj
Hi Michael,
thanks for your response. Basically, we have a requirement to support multiple date formats. For the report title and footer, I simply set an engine property on initialising the report engine, so it's picked up from the report context. That works fine.
But where we use crosstabs/charts with dates, the date formatting defined in the report is applied.
I think if the Format DateTime section of the report element property supported expressions, I could do the same as for the title and footer. I'll log an enhancement for this.
Thanks,
Cedric