Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
cross tab expansions
omogeneo
Hello,
I'm Giovanni from Roma and I'm a new Birt developper.
I should build a cross-tab report with:
1. a four-levels rows'hierarchy;
2. a drill-down that expands the hierarchy in each row, by clicking a icon
3. a drill-down that, by clicking a single row, expands only this row (once its expansion, I should do the same thing for each row in the hierarchy)..
Now I can do the point 2. (by linking 4 reports, one for each level of the hierarchy)..
How can I do the point 3?? Do some way exists to avoid the building of too much reports??
I hope I make myself clair.
Thanks for regards,
Giovanni
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Giovanni,<br />
<br />
You may have already solved your issue, but I'll respond in case anyone else has the same sort of question.<br />
<br />
One way to avoid building multiple reports is to create the different crosstab option in one report and drop the unneeded crosstabs based on a parameter value. The following post from the devShare should help with that.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1027-drop-a-table-based-on-a-report-parameter/#description'>Drop
a Table Based on a Report Parameter - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>