Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Having Trouble Getting Results in a Dataset
LindaH
I created a simple dataset to get all columns from a table. I tested the dataset and got results. I created a table in a report, and put the results from the dataset in the table. So far so good. Everything worked fine. That was Thursday. On Friday, I started getting 0 results from the query, and the table in the report was empty. I ran the query I used in the dataset directly in SQLPlus and got 54 results, but now when I do preview results in the dataset, I get a brief popup (too fast to read) and 0 results. Any help would be appreciated
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi LindaH,
If you double click on the dataSet and click on the preview results section, is there data present?
LindaH
Hi Michael,
No data in the preview, just the column headers. But when I click on Preview there is a quick flash of a popup that goes away before I can see it.
I was getting data from the preview prior to Friday, and I am getting data from other tables in the Oracle instance.
Thanks,
Linda
mwilliams
Linda,
You're talking about the preview in the edit dataSet box correct? Not just the preview report tab in the designer? Can you attach your report design? What version of BIRT are you using?
LindaH
Michael,
Sorry for the lateness of my reply, but work got a little crazy.
I haven't even got that far yet.
I started BIRT, created a new template, set up the data source to point to my Oracle instance, created a data set, then did a preview results. I got 54 lines of data. The next day I had my teammate refresh the data that goes into the table (from Silk Central). I opened up BIRT, opened the dataset, did a preview results, and no data (I got a short screen flash like a popup was going to be displayed then nothing). The columnar information is returned, so I know it's hitting the table. I opened up SQLPlus on the Oracle instance, did the same select statement that is in the BIRT dataset (select * from req_rpt), and got 54 lines of data.
I'm using BIRT 2.3.0
Thanks,
Linda
dcoombs
Could it be permissions have changed for the refreshed table?
mwilliams
Linda,
Are you getting anything in the log file?
LindaH
Michael,
No, not a thing in the log. I cleared the log first just to make sure what was happening, then brought up Birt.
When I went to preview the dataset, the processing popup flashed, and still nothing.
The log remained empty.
Let me tell you, I'm getting ready to pull my hair out over this one. Especially since it was working at one time.
Thanks,
Linda
Frostscar
I guess the flashed popup is a progress bar.
Does your data set includes any data set parameter that are linked to report parameter? If this is the case you may try to remove the *.rptconfig file in your workspace so that BIRT designer would not use any out-of-data report parameter value.
LindaH
Thanks for all of the suggestions, but the answer turned out to be so simple, I'm embarrassed to admit what it was. But I will.
The stored procedure that generated the table, did not have a commit in it. So when I ran it in SQLPlus I was seeing the data, but outside of SQLPlus it could not be seen. Apparently, when the procedure was first tested, a commit was there (hence the fact that at one time it was working), but it somehow got lost in the translation.
Much aggravation, but simple solution, thank goodness.
Linda
mwilliams
Linda,
Glad to hear you got it figured out!