Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Aggregate value from multiple datasets
tlthornton
Hello all,
I'm very new to BIRT, so far i am enjoying working with it very much. I have been developing reports with Actuate v6-v8 for the last few years, and now would like to re-develop our reports using BIRT.
I have a (assumed) quick question; I have a report, with 3 tables and a dataset for each of those tables. What i would like to do is be able to do an aggregate calculation (SUM) on columns from two of those datasets, and send that value to a parameter.
I've been browsing documentation, but have so-far been un-successful in determining how to write a value to a parameter, either on row of a dataset, or just using a parameter to reference the dataset's rows.
Any ideas?
If you would like me to elaborate more, please indicate.
Thanks in advance,
--Tony Thornton
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
tlthornton
Hi all,
I managed to fix this issue by adding a javascript variable to the onCreate function of a table at the top of my page, and then incrementing it on each of the tables' onCreate functions.
Thanks again,
--Tony Thornton
Maart3n
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="tlthornton"><p>Hi all, <br />
<br />
I managed to fix this issue by adding a javascript variable to the onCreate function of a table at the top of my page, and then incrementing it on each of the tables' onCreate functions.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks again, <br />
--Tony Thornton</p></blockquote>
<br />
Tony, do you have a small example how you did it?<br />
<br />
Maarten