Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Getting exception for ScriptedDataSource.
Natty77
Hi,
I am a newbie to BIRT.
I was trying the Scripted Data Source feature of BIRT and I am getting below mentioned exception.
A BIRT exception occurred.
Plug-in Provider:Eclipse.org
Plug-in Name:BIRT Data Engine
Plug-in ID:org.eclipse.birt.data
Version:2.3.1.v20080829
Error Code:A BIRT exception occurred: There are errors evaluating script "__bm_fetch()":
Java class "java.lang.Object" has no public instance field or method named "room". (<inline>#8).. See next exception for more information.
There are errors evaluating script "__bm_fetch()":
Java class "java.lang.Object" has no public instance field or method named "room". (<inline>#8).
Error Message:A BIRT exception occurred: There are errors evaluating script "__bm_fetch()":
Java class "java.lang.Object" has no public instance field or method named "room". (<inline>#8).. See next exception for more information.
There are errors evaluating script "__bm_fetch()":
Java class "java.lang.Object" has no public instance field or method named "room". (<inline>#8).
I am using Eclipse version 3.4.1 and BIRT version 2.3.1
When I was doing the example given on the eclipse site it is working fine but when I try to do the same thing with a different class I am getting a exception.
Attached is the class and rpt files
Thanks for your time & effort
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Natty77,
I was able to run your report after making a java project and including the class file in that project and just putting the report design file in my default report project file. One thing I did change in your script was when you say row["room"]=row[0], I changed it to row["room"]=favrow[0] because "row[]" is already used by BIRT so using "row[0]" probably won't work. I also just used the default package rather than your ScriptedDS package, but that was just for ease of my setup. Attached is a screenshot of my results.