Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Work around for ordering Report Parameters
mcap
BIRT Version 2.3.1
I am looking to pull report parameters out of my report design and return them in an ordered list. Where my ordered list is ordered by a user property on each report parameter. The property I defined is "order" and I set the value 0-n on each of my parameters. After retrieving the report parameters through the BIRT API (IGetParameterDefinitionTask task = getBirtPlatform().getReportEngine().createGetParameterDefinitionTask(reportDesign);
Collection params = task.getParameterDefns(false); )
The IScalarParameterDefn interface provides a method getUserPropertyValues(). The javadoc indicates this method will return a name/value mapping of user defined properties. (Looking through my debugger I see the customProperties map contains my properties) However, looking at the BIRT source code the method getUserPropertyValues() simply returns null.
Is there an easier way to indicate to BIRT how I would like the parameters ordered?
Best Regards,
Matt
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sara_criss
Its really a general question hope someone gives the right answer for that ...i really need to know also