Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cannot load JDBC Driver class
ndesai
BIRT 2.3 - Eclipse 3.4 - Weblogic 9.2 - Sybase<br />
<br />
My report is able to fetch data from the Sybase DB when I preview it from eclipse. <br />
<br />
The same report throws the following exception when I run in from my struts application. Do I have to configure something for the BIRT code to get the driver class. <br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>SEVERE: Cannot open connection.<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver.<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.findDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:682)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.loadAndRegisterDriver(JDBCDriverManager.java:790)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doConnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:202)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:168)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.connectByUrl(Connection.java:179)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.Connection.open(Connection.java:136)<br />
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:235)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:157)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.newConnection(DataSource.java:210)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.open(DataSource.java:197)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSourceRuntime.openOdiDataSource(DataSourceRuntime.java:209)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:386)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:305)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:498)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:189)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:177)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:143)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:479)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteDataEngine.doExecuteQuery(DteDataEngine.java:114)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.AbstractDataEngine.execute(AbstractDataEngine.java:248)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.executeQuery(ExecutionContext.java:1736)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.QueryItemExecutor.executeQuery(QueryItemExecutor.java:77)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.TableItemExecutor.execute(TableItemExecutor.java:62)</em><br />
<br />
<br />
The driver class in question <em class='bbc'>com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver</em> is part of the jar jconn2.jar that is loaded and available in the env.<br />
<br />
Any help would be much appreciated.<br />
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ndesai
I had to copy-paste the jconn2.jar to the following location.<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'><contextpath>WEB-INFplatformpluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.3.1.v20080827drivers</em><br />
<br />
and then it worked fine.<br />
<br />
Thanks.