Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Incorrect parameter for Y-Drive
code
Hello,
I'm using TeamSite 5 on a W2K server. Every data my hoster is running a backup for iw-home and iw-store. Therefore, he's stopping and restarting all IW services.
The whole process works fine. However, I'm not able to connect to the Y-Drive anymore. Instead I receive an error message saying that I'm using an incorrect parameter. My current workaround is to restart the whole server.
Is there a special how I have to start the services?
Thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think we'd need to see the logfiles before we could provide any reasonable assistance here - my guess is that something isn't coming up correctly when they are restarting the services / rebooting the server - or you're not waiting long enough for the services to get fully settled.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
This is the oldest bug in the book. On Windows you cannot restart the Interwoven TeamSite Service, you have to reboot after you stop that service.
But/so you may want to have your hoster use iwfreeze instead of stopping all of the services.
nipper
As someone who had TS running on a laptopn & reset the backing store often, it was very inconsistent with the ability to stop and start the processes.
One way that worked was to net stop the server & then restart. This would work about half the time (5.0 and later) other times required reboot.
You best bet is to get your hosting environment to just freeze the BS rather than stopping TS. Otherwise plan on bouncing the server a lot.
Andy
code
Thanks a lot for your comments. I will try to have them working with iwfreeze instead of directly touching the services.
Migrateduser
You may have problems backing up iwhome even so. Specifically some Interwoven services, java processes and rmiregistry service may keep files open. Some backup softwares deal with open files fine, others not so well.
Migrateduser
Only TS 552 SP3 you can stop iwserver service and restart without a reboot and expect the drive to be accessible again. ANY previous version you MUST REBOOT to enable the file system access.
NathanW
iwfreeze works pretty well for us - make sure you leave sufficient time for the backing store to commit changes before the backup process starts - we leave about 15 mintues and have no problems
Nathan Wall
Department of Transport and Regional Services (Australia)