Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Extending the JPA plugin
MrHighTech
Hello! This is my first post. I was introducted to BIRT at Eclipseworld last week and was really impressed with the way things are going. I have downloaded and examined the source to the JPA plugin and have found a limitation that I believe goes back to ODA itself and I would like some opinions.
Basically the problem I have is that I am not content with scalar queries. I want to be able to return Objects to the report and evaluate properties on it. I figured it would be very easy, just returning the object itself in one of the resultset's column... However it only supports primitives.
IResultSet has no method to retrieve an object from the underlying query mechanism... Was that by design or a design flaw?
Is there a way around this? I would hate to serialize it to a blob just to access it...
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet