Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite and Active Directory
Grundy
An Interwoven consultant recently told me that TeamSite should not be installed on a box also being used as an Active Directory domain controller. However, he could not remember the specific reason for this. Anybody know the reason?
If it's just a matter of dimished performance due to large numbers of users, this won't matter in my situation because I'm setting up a very small network for research and development purposes. However, I would like know if there is any inherent incompatibility between the two.
Thanks,
Nutt
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Read the TeamSite administration guide. It specifically says that you should not install TeamSite on a primary or secondary domain controller.
Furthermore, it is suggested that TeamSite be the only application on the server.
http://support.interwoven.com/library/manuals/templating/html/tst.552.dev/nn4/tst.552.dev_14.htm
As for reasons behind this I am not sure, but I do know that in the past when TeamSite has been attempted to be run on a PDC/BDC there were all sorts of problems (and therefore could not be supported).
Grundy
Ok, thanks. I'm still curious about the reasons, but seeing the warning documented in several places at least makes me more certain that it's not just about performance.
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure about ActiveDirectory servers - but as I recall in the PDC/BDC days - you could only have domain users and not local-disk users and I believe TeamSite expected to be able to create / utilize local disk users for things like TSIMP_hostname and such.
However, it's been a while since I've had to deal with this issue so my memory could be a bit faulty here.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Ottawa_IWOV
TeamSite released a AD Best Practices document that is specific to 5.0.1 and 5.5:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/048863
Is it safe to assume this is also relevant for 6.x
Thanks,