Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
List parameter iPortal problem
amit5094
Hi,
I have a report with some parameters. The parameter page has one dynamic List based parameter which has values populated from a DataSet.
The report runs fine in eclipse BIRT viewer. But when I deploy the report on iPortal, the List parameter is shown as text box parameter.
We are using Actuate 9 Service Pack 3 Fix 3 (Build 90F080320).
Thanks in advance,
Amit.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Amit:
What version of eclipse BIRT did you use to create the report? Could you attach a sample design(using the classic models sample database) that I could use to recreate the issue at my end?
Thanks,
Ashwini
amit5094
Ashwini,
We are using the Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.2.2.r222_v20071226 Build <2.2.2.v20080317-0630>
I tried to create a similar report (ClassicSampleReportDesign.rptdesign) on the classic database. And it works fine(even in iPortal) with that.
However when i try with my report(TestVendorResponses.rptdesign) it still shows as textbox in the iPortal.
ClassicSampleReport design - I pass productCode as a hidden parameter, and create a list parameter for all those customers who have ever order for those products and then when the user will select the customers, he will get a list of orders for those customers.
TestVendorResponses - Similar report the above just with different tables.
Thanks,
Amit
amit5094
HI Ashwini,<br />
<br />
Kind of figured out the problem (still looking for solution). This is actually related to the ConnProfileURL parameter. Since i am using dynamic connection profile method to connect. I pass the connection profile as a parameter. The connection profile xml file is stored at E:/Actuate/ConnectionProfile.xml on iPortal server. The value i pass to the parameter is "E:/Actuate/ConnectionProfile.xml" from my application i get the following exception<br />
Nov 11, 2008 2:08:24 PM org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.provider.ProfilePropertyProviderImpl getProfileStoreFile<br />
WARNING: getProfileStoreFile( String ): java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: d<br />
Nov 11, 2008 2:08:24 PM org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.profile.provider.ProfilePropertyProviderImpl getProfileStoreFile<br />
WARNING: getProfileStoreFile( Properties ): Ignoring the PROFILE_STORE_FILE_PATH_PROP_KEY value in connection properties. The specified path does not exist in file system<br />
<br />
I tried a few others to URL file://E:/Actuate/ConnectionProfile.xml and so on but none of them work. <br />
<br />
Can we get the path based on the installed directory of Actuate using scripts.<br />
<br />
I saw the following post but i don't want it relative to the report<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/forum/deploying-integrating-birt-report-engine-applications/12295-report-filename-property-binding.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/forum/deploying-integrating-birt-report-engine-applications/12295-report-filename-property-binding.html</a><br
/>
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Amit.
averma
Hi Amit,<br />
<br />
The problem is resolved in the new release(version 10) of iPortal. I was able to specify the absolute path of the connection profile<br />
You can download it from here:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/wiki/Actuate_10/'>Actuate
10 - BIRT Wiki - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
Look for "Actuate BIRT Viewer/Actuate BIRT Deployment kit war"<br />
<br />
Ashwini