Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Applet Launchpad and Macintosh
engines
Our Corporate Office is using 5.5, we (a sub-business) are in the process of upgrading to 5.5.... problem is, our Macs do NOT identify the Launchpad Applet on either box...
It says "there is a new version available...in order to upgrade quit Launchpad and select Launchpad Setup from the Edit menu...."
When you do that, its the old content about downloading the client, etc... the client is the old Launchpad app. do they have the box misconfigured?
btw, I'm in OSX, have tried EVERY browser (Netscape, Mozilla, Safari, IE, Opera, Omniweb) all do pretty much the same thing (except Safari shows up completely blank).
What do i need to do to get this thing working on the Mac? the old Launchpad ran fine (in Classic, even!), i'm looking forward to ditching classic and using the applet in X.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Hmm - I seem to recall getting it to work in IE on MacOS-X - but unfortunately my Powerbook is [finally] on its way to Apple today - hopefully to return in a week's time - so I am unable to test / verify any of this right now.
I believe that in Mozilla, there were a lot of Java exceptions being thrown trying to use the LaunchPad Applet (you might have to run Console to see them) - but that IE (which is the only officially supported browser for the time being) did actually work.
I got the same blank page with Safari that you did - I think IE is the only officially supported browser for TeamSite on Mac's - though once I got the LaunchPad working through IE, I believe I managed to get it to work in Mozilla too....
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
engines
that's interesting... thanks for the small sliver of hope that i can get this thing running in X.
btw, after repeated attempts at login in using IE, i finally got in - but when i went to Launchpad Setup I get this error:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.interwoven.launchpad100.IWLaunchPad.class
arrrggg.....
Adam Stoller
I just posted this in another thread, but since I'm here ...
IE 5.2 on MacOS-X - workaround for using LaunchPad:
I'd be curious to know if anyone has managed to diagnose further (and perhaps find fixes for) the problem of getting LaunchPad to run directly by using the Edit button in the TeamSite GUI (WebDeskPro - or WebDesk [haven't tried this actually....])
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)