Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to parameterize the database schema
Laxapanj
I want my set of BIRT reports to target 2 different Oracle databases (e.g. test and prod), according to a report parameter. This can be done with the data source property bindings, by adding if - then logic in the various fields of the JDBC connection.
Now the problem is that these 2 databases have different schema names (but with same tables in them of course). What are my options to handle this?
- in the Data Set SQL request, I can put the schema before each table name <schema>.<table> but this cannot be parameterized AFAIK
- in the Data Source connection, I have seen that some databases provided a property in the JDBC URL connection to set the default schema. But I can't find any for Oracle.
I am using Birt RCP designer 2.3.0 and Oracle ojdbc14 driver.
Anyone had a similar problem ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet