Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Comparing data between years
rhumaric
Hello,<br />
<br />
I've got a SQL table storing some fluid quantities aggregated by year, origin and type :<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>year | type | origin | quantity</pre>
<br />
What I'd like to have is a report showing for each origin, and each fluid type not only the quantity, but also its evolution compared to the previous year quantity :<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Report for year 2008
Origin : raw fluid
Type: CFC R-11 | 25 (+25%)
Type: CFC R-10 | 11 (+10%)
</pre>
Grouping the data is ok for me but I cannot figure a way to get the percentage showing the evolution. Is there some mechanism in BIRT htat could help me ?<br />
<br />
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi rhumaric,
If I understand your problem correctly, you should just be able to store the previous year's value in a variable and use that value in the next year's table to do your calculation.