Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Set DynamicText to Plain Text
Atthem
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have read the forum and other answers regarding formatting the text to <strong class='bbc'>plain text</strong> and what I can find is that every forum says:<br />
<br />
1. Change data to text-data <br />
2. add the property contentType html<br />
<br />
I am a beginner at BIRT and uses version 2.2.2.rx222_v20071130 bundle with the eclipse application. <br />
<br />
So my question really brings me down to how I do a plain text output using the report design GUI?<br />
<br />
I have tried using the XML file - ended up with no data as output.<br />
<br />
This is my output today:<br />
<em class='bbc'><p><br />
description order to transfrom inputs into outputs through a series of<br />
steps performed by one or more roles independent of a <br />
</p> <br />
</em><br />
...as you can see it has <p> and & tags in it.<br />
for this output I have used the DynamicText element.<br />
<br />
Please help me out.<br />
Thanks Peter
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Atthem
Hi,
I found out that it was me doing the things wrong
I just dragged and dropped a dataset onto the report designer and thought that it automatically should be DynamicText. However when first put out a DynamicText and then dragged and dropped the items one at the time it worked!
So for those thinking that BIRT uses the DynamicText by default - STOPP, that is not the case.
Thanks Peter