Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamically Changing the Axis Chart Grouping in a BIRT Report
Davolio
Story problem:<br />
<br />
I'm using BIRT 2.2.1<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Fluff: </strong><br />
I've seen this question asked several times, but I'm unable to implement any of the solutions correctly. <br />
<br />
What I'm trying to do is I have a chart and it groups my dates to rollup the data for the last 10 days, months, weeks, quarters. <br />
<br />
<br />
This is how i'm doing it.<br />
<br />
I query in my data for 1 value per date sorted ascending. <br />
<br />
I setup a parameter:<br />
<br />
Days<br />
Weeks<br />
Months<br />
Years<br />
<br />
I then assigned each a value: in our business a week is 5 days so I hardcoded days = 10, weeks = 70 etc, because we want the last ten days.<br />
<br />
I then use that value in a filter to get the top n days n = parameter value. <br />
<br />
Now I am able to get the chart to show the last 10 days correctly in a week. Now my issue is this:<br />
<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>real question:</strong><br />
I need to be able to change the grouping so if I set my parameter to weeks, I can assign my Charts x axis grouping to weeks. <br />
<br />
I've read an example that says in Javascript I should be able to create an instance of my chart doing this:<br />
<br />
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.data.impl);<br />
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.component.impl);<br />
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.type.impl);<br />
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.attribute);<br />
<br />
//Chart must be named<br />
cht = reportContext.getDesignHandle().findElement("MyChart");<br />
mychart = cht.getReportItem().getProperty( "chart.instance" );<br />
<br />
but I can't seem to get that to work. My reportContext object doesn't have a getDesignHandle() method. <br />
<br />
Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br />
<br />
Dave
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Davolio
Maybe I poorly worded my question:
Question:
How can I dynamically change the grouping on the x-axis of my line chart via javascript?
Thanks for any help!
Dave