Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cannot find logs in order to debug why report has no data
wgoldman
I am running a espreadsheet report in a standalone application. With a .sod file as input. When I run the report (as a java application within eclipse) the report format is created, but has not data. There is nothing logged to the console, nor can I find any log BIRT log files. Here is the application I am using to run the report. I am sure there is some sort of database connection issue or something going on, but how do I determine what the issue is? I am using a trial version of the reporting engine, however, the .sod file was created by a licensed version of the designer.
import java.io.File;
import java.io.IOException;
import com.f1j.ss.*;
import com.f1j.util.F1Exception;
public class ESpreadsheetReportEngineStandalone {
public static void main(String[] args)
{
ESpreadsheetReportEngineStandalone engine = new ESpreadsheetReportEngineStandalone();
engine.runReport();
}
private void runReport() {
try {
java.io.File file = new java.io.File("C:toolsmiscDMR.sod");
DocumentOpenCallback docOpenCallback = new DocumentOpenCallback();
docOpenCallback.setCodePage(DocumentOpenCallback.CODEPAGE_UTF8);
Document bookDoc = new Document(new com.f1j.util.Group(new java.util.Locale("en", "US")), file, true, docOpenCallback);
com.f1j.ss.DocumentType documentType = com.f1j.ss.DocumentType.EXCEL_97_WORKBOOK;
bookDoc.fileSaveAs(new File("C:toolsmiscOutputOfMySod.xls"), documentType, new DocumentSaveCallback());
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (F1Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
}
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wgoldman
Two changes needed to make my report work.<br />
<br />
Change number 1 was to add the following lines (one of these replaces the current fileSaveAs).<br />
BookModel book = BookModel.Factory.create(bookDoc.getBook());<br />
book.getDataSourceCollection().refresh();<br />
bookDoc.fileSaveAs(new File("C:toolsmiscOutputOfMySod.xls"), documentType, new DocumentSaveCallback(book));<br />
<br />
Change number 2 was to add the following jars to my classpath<br />
N_oracle.jar, N_base.jar, N_util.jar from <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://168.97.136.23/pmc_v45/iportal/JavaReportAPI/engines/ess/lib/'>168.97.136.23
- /pmc_v45/iportal/JavaReportAPI/engines/ess/lib/</a>
Nandha
Even after following ur two steps i get this error.
In the jar(n_oracle) file the classes are like com.actuate.actuatedd.jdbc.*
where can i get the jar with the above mentioned path.
Now my xls is generated only with the labes.
Kindly help me in sorting out this issue.