Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
CSV file retains lock in BIRT runtime environment
b2tech
Hello:
Has anyone run into this issue. I have a report template that uses "dynamic text" fields that display HTML type text that originates from CSV files that reside on disk. Other tables/charts in the same template get their data from a different CSV file created by our db/application.
I have a need to use embedded html tags in the CSV file text and that dictated why I chose the dynamic text container. Everthing works fine in the BIRT developer (ie. PDF rendering, Powerpoint, etc...), but when I deploy to the Tomcat/BIRT runtime enviroment (either XP or Solaris), BIRT leaves a file lock on the CSV file(s) which cannot be removed without stopping BIRT under Tomcat.
Any ideas here....The problem seems to be that the "dynamic text" field causes a problem with loaded CSV files in the runtime environment.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
This sounds like it may be a bug. Can you try to add a computed column that just copies your html column and use it in the dynamic text element?
May not change anything but can you give a try? It would be good if you could log this bug.
b2tech
Unfortunately no change.... I will log this as a bug. The reason I would like this functionality is that my reporting application uses boilerplate snippets of text (that might contain a small subset of HTML tags, bolding, italics...) that come from CSV files*. This is pretty important in any financial reporting type report. Think for example of disclaimers in financial statements.
* I would obviously not have this problem if I was doing a JDBC connection into the db to retrieve my text snippets (coming from a db field) but this is not the way our application is designed to work.