Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart not loading in BIRT Viewer on Unix
wafasn
Hi all,
I have a wierd problem, I have a report with a chart and table, I can load the report with no issues on windows xp on a tomact web server but when I upload the same report to a Unix machine using the same tomcat web server, the report loads but the chart does not display. I can only see the table and here is the exception I am getting:
Chart NewChart:
- CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL
CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL ( 1 time(s) )
detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1109) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.processExtendedContent(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:933) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.visitForeign(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:501) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.content.impl.ForeignContent.accept(ForeignContent.java:69) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.localize(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:150) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:36) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:63) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:133) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.resumeLayout(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:104) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLInlineStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLInlineStackingLM.java:153) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:133) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLStackingLM.layoutChildren(HTMLStackingLM.java:27) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLTableLM.layoutChildren(HTMLTableLM.java:76) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLAbstractLM.layout(HTMLAbstractLM.java:133) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLBlockStackingLM.layoutNodes(HTMLBlockStackingLM.java:68) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLPageLM.layout(HTMLPageLM.java:90) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.html.HTMLReportLayoutEngine.layout(HTMLReportLayoutEngine.java:101) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRangeRender.render(RenderTask.java:530) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:206) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderReport(ReportEngineService.java:1365) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getPage(BirtViewerReportService.java:187) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.doExecution(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:240) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractGetPageActionHandler.__execute(AbstractGetPageActionHandler.java:107) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleGetPage(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:87) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112) at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186) at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323) at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32) at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118) at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83) at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454) at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:225) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729) at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:112) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188) at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.chart.exception.ChartException: CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.getPluginXmlObject(PluginSettings.java:1121) at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.getDevice(PluginSettings.java:504) at org.eclipse.birt.chart.api.ChartEngine.getRenderer(ChartEngine.java:116) at org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationBase.prepareDeviceRenderer(ChartReportItemPresentationBase.java:985) at org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationBase.onRowSets(ChartReportItemPresentationBase.java:720) at org.eclipse.birt.chart.reportitem.ChartReportItemPresentationProxy.onRowSets(ChartReportItemPresentationProxy.java:105) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.presentation.LocalizedContentVisitor.processExtendedContent(LocalizedContentVisitor.java:909) ... 69 moreCaused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.FrameworkException: CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.eclipse.EclipseConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(EclipseConfigurationElement.java:39) at org.eclipse.birt.chart.util.PluginSettings.getPluginXmlObject(PluginSettings.java:1117) ... 75 more
Please help I am blocked...
Thanks a lot.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi wafasn,<br />
<br />
This <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/forum/eclipse-birt-newsgroup-mirror/11965-chart-generating-problem-2.html'>post</a>
; from the Eclipse Newsgroup Mirror may help you out. Let me know if it does or not. Thanks.
wafasn
Thanks Michael,
I will check the post and post a reply.
Thanks again.
wafasn
Hi Michael,
Thanks a lot for the link, altough there were lot of ideas in the link but I was able to solve my issue and here is how if someone elese hits it again.
I have added the following line to catalina.sh;
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dprogram.name=birtviewer -Djava.awt.headless=true"
birtviewer here is the name of the directory of the birt viewer API under Tomcat webapps dir.
Thanks,