Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Help with drill-through using stored procedure
mikewilson
I have developed a report in v2_3_1 that is reporting over an oracle database package. The stored procedure Im using has a start date and end date as the input parameters and a ref curser as the output.
Parameters:
Name: I_START_DATE
Data Type: String
Direction: Input
Default Value: N/A
Linked To Report Parameter: I_START_DATE
Name: I_END_DATE
Data Type: String
Direction: Input
Default Value: N/A
Linked To Report Parameter: I_END_DATE
Name: O_REF_CUR_RECORD
Data Type:
Direction: Output
Default Value:
Linked To Report Parameter: None
Query:
{call dbname.pkg_package_name.store_procedure_name_PR(?,?,?)}
What I need to do is use the drill-through functionality to drill down from 1 report to another. I have added the Hyperlink to the 1st report but I now need to add the data set parameter to the 2nd report to link them together.
I know how to write a drill-through query for reports that report over db views using table.field = ?, but I dont know how the query should be written for reports that use stored procedures.
I hope this all makes sense. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msoucy
Hi Mike,
I've had some success writing reports with hyperlinks, and calling stored procedures in DB2. I realize your using Oracle but I would think the basic concept would be the same. I'm a little confused on where you are stuck. Can you be a little more specific on what you is having trouble with? Are you having problems passing parameters from the main report to the 2nd report? When you did the link in the main report did you specify the parameters you are passing to the 2nd report? The parameters you pass to the 2nd report can be used to call the stored procedure for the 2nd report. I can attach examples if that would be helpful.