Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to fill List box from multiple columns
Saurabh881
Hi,
I am using BIRT Report Designer Pro. I want to fill listbox dynamically from multiple columns based on first listbox.
I have two list boxes. In first one I have options
Yearly
HalfYearly
Quarterly
Monthly
Now I want to populate second list box according to first one from different columns year, halfyear,Quarter and month in the database. Can somebody explain me how can I do that.
Thanks and Regards
Saurabh Gupta
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Saurabh,
Are you talking about parameters or just a list in the report design. Can you please explain a little more about your situation?
Saurabh881
Hi Michael,
Thanks for reply
Here I am talking about parameters. I have a dataset having following collumns.
1.Yearly:--> Contains years values
2.HalfYearly:-->Contains halfyear values like 2002h1,2002h2,2003h1,2003h2...
3.Quarterly:-->Contains quarter values like 2002q1,2002q2,2002q3,2002q4...
4.Monthly:-->Contains halfyear value like jan,feb,march,april...
on parameters page I have two parameters
param1 and param2
param1 is static parameter and contains values
1.Yearly
2.HalfYearly
3.Quarterly
4.Monthly
Now I want param2 should be filled on the basis of param1 means
1.if I select yearly in param1 than param2 should be populated by values from yearly column of dataset
2.if I select halfyearly in param1 than param2 should be populated by values from halfyearly column of dataset
3.if I select quarterly in param1 than param2 should be populated by values from yearly column of dataset
4.if I select monthly in param1 than param2 should be populated by values from yearly column of dataset
Is there any way to do that.
Thanks and Regards
Saurabh Gupta
Navanethan
Hi Saurabh,
Here I have attached rptdesign sample file.
I hope this will help you.
Please look into this.
Thanks and Regards,
Navanethan.