Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
access to recordset row content
juanjo
Hi
I'm trying to do something i'm sure i'm not the first one have this problem.
I need to get a list of items from the database. And i need list them as a sequence. I means something like this:
items in report : Item 1, Item 2, Item3, Item 6
To do this i thougnt... to get them with a recordset and, after that access to it with java and do something like this.
( metacode )
while ( ! empty){
string = string + rs.(item).value + "," ;
rs.netx();
}
to get the content of the recordset in a strig to put it in my report.
Has somebody had this problem?
How did you got it?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rmurphy
You are on the right track. What you will want to do is define a variable in the report initialize event. Then in your data set's onFetch event, grab the value and append it to your variable. You can then use the variable in your report. In order for your data set to execute, you will need to have it bound to a report item such as a table.<br />
<br />
The following DevShare post describes accessing data in a data set's onFetch event.<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/devshare/designing-birt-reports/512-accessing-data-in-a-data-set-039-s-onfetch-event/#description'>Accessing
data in a data set's onFetch event - Tips & Tricks - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
Rob
juanjo
Hi!
I'm new in birt and i'm having some problems with the implementation.
I can't get it...
Do you have some example more clear?
Thanks a lot for your support
Virgil Dodson
Hi juanjo,<br />
<br />
You should be able to accomplish this same task without doing scripting. One way is to set the Section | Display | advanced property of the data element to "inline" instead of "block"... and another way is to the the CONCATENATE function available with the Aggregation wizard. I put both scenarios into an example and uploaded it to <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/devshare/designing-birt-reports/676-birt-report-displaying-values-one-after-another/#description'>BIRT
Report: Displaying values one after another - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>