Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab Show Empty Rows/Columns Greyed Out
sbanaszak
Hi everyone,
Like the title says, I can't click on the checkbox to show empty rows and columns in Birt 2.3.1 because there are greyed out. What have I missed? I can't find any info through google..
Thanks a lot!
Stan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Stan,
I have a sample report in 2.3.1 with a crosstab. If I select the crosstab and go to the empty row/column section of the property editor, I can select the row option, but not the column option. In the box next to the row checkbox, there are a couple fields that I can select if I check the box. Does yours have any fields in the box next to the checkbox?
sbanaszak
Hello Michael,
Both fields are empty in my report. I have not been able to find out what property a field must have to actually show up there. How can the report designer know which rows or columns are going to be empty?
Regards,
Stan
mwilliams
Stan,
I'm pretty sure that you can only select them if they make a difference in the crosstab. Like if you're using date and one of the dates has no data under it, it won't show in a crosstab unless you select that checkbox. Do you have any rows or columns that are missing that you are expecting to have in your crosstab?
sbanaszak
Michael,
Thank you.
Well I have a few crosstabs and they all use different data but I'd like the columns to be consistent. Now BIRT only shows the ones that have data.
Rgds,
Stan
sbanaszak
*bump*
*bump*
mwilliams
Stan,
Can you recreate your issue with the sample database with a couple different crosstabs and post it in here so I can see it and work with it to possibly find a solution for you? Thanks.
SarahFair
You have to have a "sub" level in the group that is populating the column for the show empty column to be available.