Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Need the Help in Information Object for DB2 Database
USHA
I am using Information Object to create a view for DB2 database tables.
Hi.. I have the requirement like
if tab1.col1='a' then join the tab1 and tab2 tables as
tab1.col2=tab2.col2
else if tab1.col1='b'
tab1.col3=tab2.col3
I am using Actuate Information Object(database is DB2) to create the view.
I am thinking the below one would work but i dont know this is correct or not
"FROM tab1 JOIN tab2 ON ((tab1.col1='a' AND tab1.col2=tab2.col2)
OR (tab1.col1='b' AND tab1.col3=tab2.col3))"
Is this code could fulfill my requirement... Provide the correct solution if i am wrong
Thanks in Advance
Usha
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Usha,<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
"FROM tab1 JOIN tab2 ON ((tab1.col1='a' AND tab1.col2=tab2.col2)<br />
OR (tab1.col1='b' AND tab1.col3=tab2.col3))"<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
This should join tab1 and tab2 anywhere that both conditions in either set of parentheses is true (i.e. anywhere tab1.col1 = 'a' and col2 is the same in both tables or anywhere tab1.col1 = 'b' and col3 is the same in both tables). If this is what you're looking for, then what you have should work for you.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps.