Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
changing how ewebeditpro defines HTML ?
nipper
I am sending content to an older webserver that does not process the content properly when generated from the visual formatter. I.E I have to change the trademark to ™ and tabs to  
Is there anyway to change this in the visual formatter ? I have been reading the guide without a heck of a lot of success.
Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciated
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Finally fixed it. In the visualformatconfig.xml file, changed the charencode from utf-8 to entityname.
Spent too much time because I found the answer in the Ektron KB. SInce they use config.xml & IW ships BOTH config.xml and visualformatconfig.xml I edited the wrong one and kept pounding my head wondering why my changes did not take effect.
Someone should file a bug on that, IW shoudl not deliver the config.xml when it is not used
Andy