Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
using named parameters in sql query
indie
Hi,<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Is there a possiblity to use one report parameter several times in the SQL-Query?</strong> <br />
Besides the solution of duplicating the report parameter and passing the multiple times with "?" ...<br />
If read somewhere in the forum that BIRT 2.3 should support named parameters in the query. <br />
Could someone tell me how this is working?<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help and<br />
kind regards
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi indie,
I'll look and see if I can find anything on named parameters being supported in 2.3. One thing you can do, is build the query in the beforeOpen script of the dataSet using something like:
this.queryText = "select blah from blah where blah = " + params["paramName"] + " and blah = " + params["paramName"]
This way you don't have to define a new parameter name for each '?' in the query.
indie
thanks a lot for the workaround!
this way its ways better than duplicating the report parameters,
but still it would be great to use named parameters (if BIRT 2.3 is supporting them?!)
mwilliams
indie,
No problem! As I said before, I'll post in here any information I find about named parameters in BIRT 2.3. If I find any!
Cheong Hoong Jun
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mwilliams" data-cid="41469" data-time="1231777192">
<div>
<p>indie, No problem! As I said before, I'll post in here any information I find about named parameters in BIRT 2.3. If I find any!
</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>any update for the named parameters?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks!!!</p>