Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hyperlink to different report - based on a row value
cmrdjr
Is there a way to link to different reports (from the same detail item) based on a value in the row.
for example on a balance sheet if the user clicks the hyperlink for the amount the ASSET section, then link to REPORTA. If the user clicks on a hyper link in the FUND BALANCE section then link to REPORTB.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi cmrdjr,
So, 'Asset' and 'Fund Balance' are from the same column in the dataSet/Table?
cmrdjr
Yes.
data:
Classification Amount
Asset $$$$ (Hyperlink to report 1)
Liability $$$$ (Hyperlink to report 1)
Fund Balance $$$$ (Hyperlink to report 2)
mwilliams
cmrdjr,
You could probably create your own custom hyperlink, rather than using the BIRT feature. Then you could check the value to determine which link to use. I haven't tried it, but it's an idea.
cmrdjr
Sounds like too much work for this at this time. Is there a way to request a new/advance feature for a future release of BIRT?
mwilliams
cmrdjr,<br />
<br />
You can do that <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>here</a>
. I'll look into it more and see if I can find something simple to do what you're wanting.
bhanley
I posted a sample doing conditional drill-through based on table values last summer. Have a look. I think it accomplishes what you need.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/devshare/designing-birt-reports/392-conditional-drill-through/#description'>Conditional
Drill-Through - Tips & Tricks - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
--Brian
mwilliams
cmrdjr,
I haven't looked at the example bhanley posted, but you could also just put two data items with different hyperlinks in your report and change their visibility based off of the field's value.
cmrdjr
Bug 263461 was added for this issue