Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
storing reportengine
Rainer
Hi all,
I´ve integrated RE api in a web application. Now I'am trying to optimize it because of performance problems. Now my question. What is the most efficient place to store report engine in an application. For now, I've stored it in application scope as context attribute. Maybe setting up the engine per session is the better way? Please tell me your opinion.
Thanks in advance
Rainer
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Rainer,
You only need one copy of the ReportEngine. The example Web Viewer starts up the platform and creates the report engine on a context listener. It also shuts down the engine with the same listener. Use a new task for each request though. It is not efficient to use more than one report engine.
Jason