Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Arabic PDF problem
amarzouk
Hello All
I have a real big problem in Maximo 7.1 concerning its new BIRT reporting engine, as I am running my reports which contains Arabic Data , I can see the report content in Arabic with no problem in the IE browser but when I am trying to convert it to PDF in order to print it or if I want to print the report directly from Maximo without viweing it I got the following problem " I can see arabic characters and they are displayed correctly from right to left and this is okay but the problem that arabic characters they are separated" they are not continous and this is a huge problem in Arabic by the way , so I searched the internet and I found a bug for this problem which has been resolved and the bug number is 155551 but I can't find the fix and I don't know how to integrate it with Maximo , the other thing that I want to validate because this could help me fix the problem is that Maximo Database is DB2 database with UTF-8 code page and my pc has 1256(Arabic) code page , so what will happen If I switched the database to 1256 also , is doing this will solve the problem . I want some to validate this or help me solving this issue ??
Ahmed Marzouk
Maximo Technical Consultant
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Odijk
We have a similar problem here, only with Turkish characters.
We noticed that when our host (of the Websphere Application Server) is Windows, that they show fine in the pdf-files, but that on AIX they do not show correctly. We now suspect (or rather: hope) it has to do with the fonts, since the AIX reports are in Arial and the (same) Windows reports are in Verdana. We're not sure yet on how to add this font to AIX (or maybe to the Application Server) however...
Since they show fine in the HTML reports and in Maximo, it should not have anything to wityh database settings. I will keep you posted on our findings.
EdgarME
Hi ,
I worked also on the problem Martijn Odijk sent the previous reply on and using this example I can confirm the solution to be as follows:
Using this example of Turkish characters:
PROBLEM:
Reports when done in PDF not translating Turkish characters when emailed,however return "?"
(but working fine in HTML format)
CAUSE:
A Maximo report using BIRT is created with "Encoding:ANSI" and Type1(CID) Encoding: UniJIS-UCS2-H which causes Adobe to try to open the created file with Japanese fonts.
SOLUTION:
-Copy Turkish Arial and Verdana fonts into the jar file org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.fonts_2.1.2.v20070205-1728.jar
-Rebuild and redeploy the EAR files
Hope this is of any help to you.
daniel_v
Hi<br />
<br />
I reply to this post because I think that my problem is not very different :<br />
<br />
I have a problem deploying BIRT reports using tomcat, the problem is the character encoding in PDF files, <br />
<br />
Deploying a report with parameter in Cyrillic encoding in HTML work fine<br />
Ex:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://192.168.1.1:8080/birt/run?__report=report/test.rptdesign¶m1=параметар'>http://192.168.1.1:8080/birt/run?__report=report/test.rptdesign¶m1=параметар</a>
; бр1 <br />
BUT when I try to deploy the same report in PDF format :<br />
Ex:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://192.168.1.1:8080/birt/run?__report=report/test.rptdesign&__format=PDF¶m1=параметар'>http://192.168.1.1:8080/birt/run?__report=report/test.rptdesign&__format=PDF¶m1=параметар</a>
; бр1 <br />
here in the PDF file each character from the param1 value is replaced with “?”<br />
<br />
I have tried one answer proposed here :<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3121&context=SSSHVS&dc=DB560&dc=DB520&uid=swg21370210&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct3121tivoli'>IBM
- TCR: Central-European characters don't display in PDF format</a><br />
but without success.<br />
<br />
@EdgarME
<br />
Can you please explain your solution..?<br />
NB: I don't have a jar file named org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.fonts *.jar but I have a folder<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.fonts_2.2.1.v20070823<br />
<br />
Thanks