Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
The List must be able to access one data set.
sbenko
I get this message in the problems tab.
" The List must be able to access one data set."
The report still seems to run fine with this error.
I can get rid of the error message by binding the list to a dummy DS (e.g. SELECT 'DUMMY" AS DUMMY_FIELD), and the report still runs fine; however, if I bind the list to any other data set, I get duplicate rows.
Should I worry about this error? Has anyone else seen this? What do you do about it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi sbenko,
I have not seen this error before. Can you recreate the error with the sample database so I can see it?
sbenko
Thank you Michael, sample attached
mwilliams
What version of BIRT are you using? Sorry. Should have asked that before.
sbenko
This is BIRT 2.3.0
mwilliams
sbenko,
I don't see an error running it in 2.3.0. Just the label in the header.
sbenko
It must be something unique to my environment. I get invalid file when I try to upload the screen shot, will try again.
mwilliams
sbenko,
Why are you not binding the list to a dataSet? Are you using data items from multiple dataSets in the list?
sbenko
In this case, the list is being used for a report heading and a table for the data.
mwilliams
sbenko,
What is the purpose of using the list and not just a text box or label in the table header for a report heading?
sbenko
No special reason. This is the way I was taught in the BIRT training hosted by our FMax vendor, Asset Works. Before that I had never used BIRT. It is not a big deal. The report runs O.K. with the error, so not to worry. I just thought that someone else has seen this. Thanks
mwilliams
sbenko,
If you attach your report design, I might be able to offer a suggestion on another way to set it up as to not receive that error.
sbenko
I think that you have already solved this problem. I just need to forget about the list, and put the report heading in the table header.
Thanks again...
mwilliams
sbenko,
Great! Let us know if you have any other questions.