Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Edit Data set issue
andrelo
Hi everybody..
I am getting an getting an Unexpected exception message when trying to edit my data sets. Then the Edit Data Set window displays but I can´t see the SQL Query and Parameters options.
I can see that this happens when the SQL Query of the data set has parameters. For simple querys (with no parameters) this exception is not thrown
The details of the error message are
Plug-In Provider: Eclipse.org
Plug-In Name:BIRT Designer UI
Plug-In ID: org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui
Version: 2.2.2.r222_v20071226
Error Code: Error.GUIException.invokedByUnexpectedException
Error Message:Caused by org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException
Any ideas about what is happening??
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi andrelo,
I have not seen this issue before. Can you re-create it with the sample database?
andrelo
hi Michael
I have recreated the error with the sample database.
I am attaching the .rptdesign.
I think it's maybe something that I'm doing wrong.
Regards
mwilliams
andrelo,
What is the query that you had typed in for the "customers" dataSet? The dataSet that the report parameter is tied to works just fine.
andrelo
Michael,
the query for the customers data set is
select * from customers
where customernumber=?
could you see the error message?
andrelo
mwilliams
andrelo,<br />
<br />
I get the same thing in 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 as well. This may be a bug. I deleted the dataSet and rebuilt it and tied it to a text box parameter and it worked fine. You may check through the bug list and see if you can find anything on this. If not, please file a bug. You can find the bugzilla <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>here</a>
. Thanks.
andrelo
Hi <br />
<br />
I created a bug but this was a known problem that is already fixed in 2.3 build. <br />
<br />
Anyway as I needed it working on my 2.2.2 build the people at Eclipse sent me a patch that corrected it. <br />
<br />
The patch can be downloaded from this link<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=125478'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=125478</a><br
/>
<br />
Hope it helps!!
mwilliams
Thanks andrelo!
tony_zhang
hi,andrelo:
excuse me. now i hit the same problem with the version 2.3.1.
i have seen the patch that you mentioned above and given a try for it, but it seems to be not avalid. i guess that maybe something is missing to me, so could you give some steps that describe how to apply the patch?
thanks very much!
andrelo
Hi Tony<br />
<br />
For applying the patch you just have to copy the file in the right path... Here is the link for the bug that I opened. <br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=263069'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=263069</a><br
/>
<br />
There you are going to find a more detailed explanation, including a workaround for solving this temporarily. <br />
<br />
But if you are experiencing this in build 2.3.1 I think it could be another kind of issue because it's supposed to be fixed since build 2.3.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps.<br />
<br />
Andrelo
tony_zhang
Thanks andrelo very much!
the problem has been resolved according to your comments.
andrelo
You're welcome tony ...