Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Format a number at runtime (with a formula)
raterus
Hello,
I'm evaluating switching to BIRT, over our current product, Crystal Reports. I'm going over features of Crystal Reports I know I need to figure out in BIRT.
One such feature is the ability to control the formatting of a number, at runtime. For instance, sometimes I'll need the number to display as three decimal places, and the next time I run it (for a different customer), I'll have to display the number to 12 decimal places.
Does BIRT have a way to configure a number field at runtime like this? I didn't immediately see a way to do it.
Thanks,
--Michael
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
<p>Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
Take a look at this <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/devshare/_/designing-birt-reports/711-birt-dynamic-number-formatting'>post</a>
; from the devShare.</p>
earthonclouds
<p>Michael</p><p> </p><p>The post in the link does not exist. Could you please guide in this regard</p>
mwilliams
<p>The link has been fixed above.</p>