Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report 7 : Charts and Graphs
nuraniuscc
Hi Mike,
Ok, I implemented based on your answer. Now these are the questions
1) How do I color code my Legend?
2) I selected the "Stack" version of the Graph. So I have 6 processes to track
for each cycle. Ok. They should all be relected on one bar for that day,
with colors.
3) For Eg : In my case My X-Axis is called Cycle Code which runs only during
the even days of the month. Ok. So, If I ask for the status for Cycle 20,
Obviously I need to see only 1 Vertical bar with 6 color coded sections
stacked on top of each other.
How do I do this? Maybe there are few more options I need to set right to
have this working.
Thanks
Nurani Sivakumar
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nuraniuscc
Hi,
Looking for an answer on this Topic.
Thanks
Nurani Sivakumar
mwilliams
Hi Nurani,
Not sure what previous post this is tied to.
1) Your legend is colored automatically with the palette matching the bars in your chart. If you do custom coloring for the bars in the script of the chart, you'll need to do the same to the legend in the chart script.
2-3) If you use the stacked bar chart, all the series' would be stacked on top of each other for a given x-value.
nuraniuscc
Hi Mike,
I was referring to the first Post in this Topic.
I have another question.
I have a requirement where I need to show a Graph Whose Y-Axis is Runtime(Hrs) ans X-Axis is the Day the Job Ran.
But, there is an Input parameter for Dates. So, If the User enters JAN 2008 - March 2008, I need to show 3 Vertical bars(One for Each Month) for each Day that the Job Ran.
My question is,
How Do I Transalate the Input Parameter value to "Define series". It's
basically a Dynamic request.
So, If the date range is 3 months, I need series of 2
If the daterange is 6, I need series of 6.
Also, I will have to have a Legend based on this. Obviously, each month will
be color coded.
How do I do this?
Thanks
Nurani Sivakumar
mwilliams
Nurani,
I'm not sure I understand correctly what you're saying. The user will enter the string "Jan 2008 - March 2008" and you want to be able to use that to determine which months to show? Is this correct? Or something else?
Also, I'm not sure on the part where you said if it's 3 months, you want 2 series, but if it's 6 months, you want 6 series. Let me know. Thanks.
nuraniuscc
Hi Mike,
I have a graph report where I need to show job run stats for 1 job for '?' number of months. The '?' is a Range Eg:- Jan 08 - Jun 08.
I have defined,
X axis is the day of the month
Y axis is the number of hours the Job ran
So, for each day of the month I have to show 6 bars (side by side, not stacked) one for each month.
Looks like the 6 bars for each day will be considered a Series or Optional Y axis. I have defined it as "Optional Y Axis".
I am not getting anything for the Graph. There should be data coming up (I tested the SQL)
Please let me know, What I need to check for and If I have defined my Axis correctly?
Thanks
Nurani Sivakumar
mwilliams
Nurani,
If I understand correctly, you should be able to just use y series grouping on job and have the x-axis grouped by day. I think this is correct. Let me know if you have problems.
nuraniuscc
Mike,
Thanks for the Reply. I haven't tried it yet. Ok,
My months which are 01, 02, 03 in the database should be converted to Jan, Feb etc.
How do I code the IF statement...Because rightnow my Optional 'Y' axis is the Month and it's showing up on the legend as '01'. I want it as Jan.
In the Expression Builder, I have the following.
row["TO_CHAR(CYCLE_DATE,MM)"]
Please complete the IF statement for me.
Thanks
Nurani Sivakumar
nuraniuscc
No, This report is for 1 specific Job which is passed as input. Infact, My 'Y' axis is "Average run Time" and my 'X' axis is the Cycle Day.
That's why, I had an optional 'Y' axis where I have the Month, Because for each day for that 1 job I need to show the "Average Run Time", But for all the
Months in the Range (Jan - July, for Eg)
So, each day will have 6 bars for all the 6 months for that job.
Hope you understanbd what I am saying.
Thanks
Nurani Sivakumar
Rapporter
Hi Nurani,
I was oing through your post and got to know that you were successfully create chart through BIRT. I am also trying to generate chart but without any success. I want to make line chart and generate it through a web application. Can you plz hlp me with it.
Regards,
Surabhi
nuraniuscc
Hi,
I am working on getting the charts and graphs to work for me. It's more Trial and error way of learning. I am not clear on the Y-SERIES and the optional Y Grouping and How they work together?
Any specific questions I can help you with what I know so far.
Thanks
Nurani Sivakumar
608-441-4408