Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
[Beginner]How to create a section and table of contents with a grid..
peuplier
Hello I have a report containing several objects, I decided to simplify the task by including all into a grid containing x rows, and one column.
How can I create sections, and table of contents, and page numbers.
Thx for any help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi peuplier,
You can do page numbers in the master page footer. You can set page breaks wherever you want to separate your report into "sections". As for a table of contents, you could create a custom one on the first "page" of your report using bookmarks and hyperlink to those bookmarks in the report. Not sure if this answers all your questions correctly or not. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Tonio
Hi,
Is it possible to get an example for have a TOC with hyperlink function?
Cause i would like to get somethig like :
TOC
title1....................................p1
title2....................................p3
title3....................................p4
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version?
Tonio
Birt 2.6.2
mwilliams
Take a look at this report. Persistent Global Variables are set in the onCreate of the group header row in the table for each country. The dynamic textbox in the TOC list accesses these variables in the onRender method. You have to run this report in the web viewer for it to work if using the designer.
I am not able to attach the file for some reason. If you aren't able to get it by the above description, tell me an email address that I can send the report to.
mwilliams
You can find the file attached in my blog:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/blog/14/entry-319-last-week-in-the-forums-large-rptdocument-sizes-removing-the-extra-spacing-around-grids-and-more/
cons32
I'm also searching for a way to do a TOC that includes page numbers. I took a look at the sample that you posted at
http://www.birt-exch...grids-and-more/
and it works perfectly! The only issue is that my report has to be created as a pdf. Using your example, the page #'s do not show up in pdf. Is there any workaround for this? I'm using BIRT 4.2.2.
cons32
Nevermind. I realized that I have to run it in the web viewer and export to pdf. Now it works fine. The only issue that I'm dealing with now is that two sets of bookmarks are created in the pdf. One set of bookmarks links to the table of contents (which I do not want) and the other set of bookmarks links to the report detail (which I do want). I'm trying to figure out how to not create the first set of bookmarks.
mwilliams
If you create a separate Data Set for the TOC values and only bring in the distinct values, you can avoid the grouping in the list, which is where the second TOC entry will come from. You could probably also open up the group editor, on the list, and remove the TOC expression. Let me know if you have questions.