Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
[Beginner]Cross tab how to orient column from 0 to 90?
peuplier
Hello I wish to orient my columns in a cross tab, without success, can someone help me please.
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi peuplier,
Not sure I'm understanding exactly what you're looking for. Can you explain a little further what you're looking for? Thanks.
peuplier
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="mwilliams"><p>Hi peuplier,<br />
<br />
Not sure I'm understanding exactly what you're looking for. Can you explain a little further what you're looking for? Thanks.</p></blockquote>
<br />
I assume that my english level is very low, hard sometimes to explain what I mean, even in french, due to the fact that Iam a little bit confuse in front of this technology, and untill now this is the first time in my life, I did and understood cross tab.<br />
Well in cross tab you have a head columns, as <th> </th> in html's table. Well during the request I receive several records more than dozens, with long name, and as we work in A4 format, the form's width is not enough large to contain more than few records, as they are head of columns., for that reason I wanted to oriente the head column in 90° rotation, to allow me to display several records.<br />
<br />
Regards
mwilliams
peuplier,
So, you'd like to find out how to make the headers to read vertically rather than horizontally?
peuplier
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="mwilliams"><p>peuplier,<br />
<br />
So, you'd like to find out how to make the headers to read vertically rather than horizontally?</p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes absolutly
mwilliams
peuplier,<br />
<br />
This <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/devshare/designing-birt-reports/537-birt-extension-mechanism/#description'>post</a>
; from the devShare may help you with that. It shows how to create a custom report item. The example is a rotated text item. I have not tested anything on this, so I'm not sure if you'll be able to apply this to a crosstab data item, but it's definitely something to check out.
peuplier
Thx Michael,
I will check.
Bye