Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
format this report
vash
Jason,
Can you please help me format this report.
As you see, the $/lic column is so broad, and it does not allow me to resize.
I have used dynamic text, as I have a chart in the grouping as well and it does not allow me to create a new data binding. If we use data binding we can create our own custom display name, rather than showing the entire formula, which takes up so much space.
Thanks,
Vash
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Vash,
In the designer it stays the size to show the entire formula you're using. Does it not render as the correct size when you actually run the report?
vash
Hi Michael,
No it does not.
And that's the reason, my chart gets cut as well.
-Vash
mwilliams
Vash,
You said it doesn't let you put in a new data binding. What is it doing when you try this? Are you getting an error of some sort?
vash
Michael,
I even want to format those $$ numbers.
But I cant even change the type to 'Integer' as I am using dynamic text.
Is there a way to get around this?
Data Binding works perfectly fine for me - as we can format data + display the name instead of formula + resize columns.
But as I am using chart, it gives me an error when creating new data binding.
-Vash
vash
I am getting this error:
Chart NewChart:
+ Column Binding "change" is incorrect:the parent query column bindings which include aggregations cannot be used in column bindings of subquery.
where change = mc/mu
mc, mu - existing data bindings.
-vash
mwilliams
Vash,<br />
<br />
Can you post the error you're getting?(Nevermind this. You replied as I was responding.) Or recreate the issue with the sample database so I can run the report?<br />
<br />
As for the format of the number, this post should help you with number formatting.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/devshare/designing-birt-reports/711-birt-dynamic-number-formatting/#description'>BIRT
Dynamic Number Formatting - Tips & Tricks - BIRT Exchange</a>
vash
Michael,
This is used to format a data binding.
But, I want to format dynamic text. How is that possible?
mwilliams
Vash,
You should be able to use that in the dynamic text expression as well.
bhanley
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="vash"><p>Michael,<br />
<br />
This is used to format a data binding.<br />
But, I want to format dynamic text. How is that possible?</p></blockquote>
<br />
When you build the string in the dynamic text editor, you can apply formatting rules there as a part of your execution logic.<br />
<br />
To add a "$" before the entire string, change your dynamic text to this:<br />
<br />
"$" + row["ch"]/((row["tyb"]+row["tadd"]+row["tboo"])/row["no_per"])<br />
<br />
There are a host of math functions built into the expression editor if you want to manipulate the precsion/decimal output.