Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
INTERACTIVITY: How to open URL with report data as parameters
shaman
Hi all,
I'm trying to develop a deadline overview report in BIRT. Here is the situation:
I have bar chart, which shows deadlines as X axis and number of hours as Y axis. I get these data from bugzilla - I simply aggregate estimated time for particular deadline. It is something like workload diagram and it is intended for showing estimated workload for each developer.
Now I want to link the chart with bugzilla. I want to open bugzilla report for developer and for chosen deadline after clicking on bar. To achieve this I must pass developer id and deadline to bugzilla. I successfully managed to pass the developer id, because it is actually report parameter.
I'm inserting it to URL (params["parAssignee"].value) which is opened by calling window.open() after mouseClick event.
The question is: How to pass the deadline corresponding to the bar I clicked? Where can I get this value from?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
When defining the Interactivity, you select "Mouse Click" and the action of "Hyperlink", correct? From there click the advanced button. That will expose definitions to include the Category, Value and Name.
You just need to decide what you want the name in the name/value pair to be on the URL.
--Brian
shaman
HI Brian,<br />
I tried this, but the BIRT complains about this exception:<br />
>The trigger data is invalid or its type is unknown.<br />
<br />
It seems, that I am not able to open any URI by mouse click. It does not open even <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://www.google.com</pre> - the chart will not render and the exception The trigger data is invalid is shown.<br />
<br />
I tried the Invoke script method. I used window.open(URL) but here I came to problems I described before.
shaman
SOLVED:
I used the categoryData and 'params[].value'. The main catch at last was that i must use ' ' around params.
preethilk
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'shaman'" data-cid="42796" data-time="1233845590" data-date="05 February 2009 - 07:53 AM"><p>
SOLVED:<br />
<br />
I used the categoryData and 'params[].value'. The main catch at last was that i must use ' ' around params.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have a similar problem, I get exceptions while dealing with interactivity.<br />
I guess I would have missed something like '' around params.<br />
<br />
Could you post the sample url format which worked after the changes you made in the url?<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance,