Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Handling of null values when filtering with Top N
dsualeh
Hi ,
I using an xml data set to render a table to display a person's academic history.
The columns in this table are Degree , Year , School and Major.
I have set up a sort criteria on Year in descending order (integer column).
And a filter criteria of Top 3 on Year column.
The year column may have null values for some records in the data set
Suppose if there are only 3 records in the data set for academic history of which only 2 records have a value for Year.
I was expecting the filter criteria to give the 3 records in sorted order.
Obviously the third record would be having a null value for the Year column.
But I get only 2 records ?
Is this because sorting and filtering are done independently in BIRT ?
Is there a work around ? Does Top N ignore null values in the data set ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet