Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
crazy margins in the master page
rali
Hello,
i use Ganymede eclipse version 3.4.1, birt plugin 2.3.1.
When i try to change the margin values of the master page the numbers go crazy and multiply by 100. If i want a margin of 1,00 cm when i press tab or change the focus of the cell with the mouse the 1,00 value becomes 100,00 and sometimes changes the values of the other margin cells. It's crazy!
Anyone else having the same problem?
Thank you!
Rali
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Rali,
Are you using '1,00' or '1.00'? If you use the comma (,) as the punctuation, the value turns to 100.00. If you use the period (.) as the punctuation, it works correctly.
peuplier
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="rali"><p>Hello,<br />
<br />
i use Ganymede eclipse version 3.4.1, birt plugin 2.3.1.<br />
When i try to change the margin values of the master page the numbers go crazy and multiply by 100. If i want a margin of 1,00 cm when i press tab or change the focus of the cell with the mouse the 1,00 value becomes 100,00 and sometimes changes the values of the other margin cells. It's crazy!<br />
Anyone else having the same problem? <br />
<br />
Thank you!<br />
Rali</p></blockquote>
<br />
I had exactly the same problem, it seems -iam not sure- that is a bug.<br />
To respond to Michael, I used X.XXXXX and mm. Sometimes I just put 1, I've seen a strange number.<br />
I wanted to post a message a few days ago relating this problem.<br />
To solve this strange behaviour, I went to properties, advanced, and in margins I set my values, and it runs.<br />
<br />
Regards.
rali
Hello,
@Michael
I tried using the period (.) but it did no good. The first margin remained 1 but while i was changing the others all the margins got back to 100.
@peuplier
Using the advanced properties worked
Thank you both!!!
Rali
peuplier
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="rali"><p>Hello,<br />
<br />
@Michael<
;br />
I tried using the period (.) but it did no good. The first margin remained 1 but while i was changing the others all the margins got back to 100.
<br /></p></blockquote>
I think that is a bug. This is why we obtain a such result.<br />
<br />
Regards.
mwilliams
I'm not sure why you have this issue. I'm using BIRT 2.3.1 as well and do not see it, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't if I did things just like you were doing them. Please file a bug for this <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>here</a>
. Be sure to include a good description and screenshots to show the issue. Also, please post the bug info into this thread for future reference. Thanks.
rali
There was already a bug filed for this issue: <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=240484'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=240484</a>
; , so i voted only<br />
<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Rali
mwilliams
Rali,
Thanks for checking and posting that.