Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Unknown expression builder output
RiRo
Hello
I use BIRT 2.2.1 windows all in one package and since I used this package I have a corious problem. If I open the expression builder an then click available data sets, it doesn't show me my datasets name but org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.OdaDataSetHandle@4483e3.
This is a little bit confusing if I have a few datasets to find the right one.
I use java 1.6.0_11 and have tried it with the -classpath parameter and 1.5.0 16 too, but without success
Do anyone know this problem ?
Thanks for tips
Rob
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
What element are you trying to write a script on top of? Data Sets are bound to elements of the report and as such, you need to make sure you are scripting against a dynamic element (like a table or a chart). Once you create an element, like a table for example, you need to make sure that element has a data set bound to it. This will ensure your data set appears as an available data set via the expression editor.
RiRo
Hi
Yes the DataSet is a query against a database table, and it shows the correct fields and values, but the name of the DataSet is in a corious format like described above and not in the name which I configured it.
The same thing happens if I choose the birts internal laogarythmic && || actions.
Bye
Robert
bhanley
Can you attach a copy of your report design to the thread so I can have a look?
RiRo
Hi
Thanks that I can givé you this file to review
Its a simple report with the classic cars database in wich I concatenate the last and first name in the 3rd column. And there these problem resists if I try to choose Category/Available Data Sets -> Sub-Category/org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.OdaDataSetHandle@1dae827 -> Double Click to insert/ContactLastname
Hope this can help
Thanks
Rob